Become certified as a Healing Centered Engagement Practitioner.
Flourish Agenda has developed an online certification course for youth development workers, teachers, and school administrators that can be taken anywhere, at any time. The course is self-paced, and includes videos, animated scenarios, interactive and reflective learning activities, as well as supplemental learning resources.
What is Healing Centered Engagement?
Healing Centered Engagement is an asset-based and culturally-rooted approach to healing and well-being for young people of color and their adult allies. The term was coined by Dr. Shawn Ginwright in 2018, and is based on more than 30 years of research and practice with young people, schools, probation departments, and social workers.
Over the years, Flourish Agenda has trained hundreds of teachers, administrators, and youth development professionals on the principles of Healing Centered Engagement, and how to integrate these principles and practices into their work with young people.
Now this training is available online for more people to benefit from this impactful information.
Enhance your skills with Healing Centered Engagement training:
- Learn how to address trauma using healing centered practices and principles.
- Explore the root causes of trauma as well as how trauma is experienced collectively.
- Appreciate how an understanding of culture, identity, and race promote holistic healing and well-being.
- Discover ways to foster relationships, prioritize agency, and promote social action while promoting culturally-based learning.
- Learn proactive strategies that support individual, interpersonal, and institutional well-being.
- Be added to an online learning community, a private Facebook group of other like-minded Healing Centered Engagement Practitioners throughout the country.
- Option to receive 3 Continuing Education Units (CEU) from San Francisco State University for an additional fee.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe distinctions between healing centered engagement and trauma informed approaches.
- Assess the impact of social toxins to the well-being of individuals, relationships, and institutions.
- Identify the five principles of Healing Centered Engagement.
- Critique and analyze activities that promote development of Healing Centered Engagement principles necessary for holistic healing.
Flourish Agenda Service Offerings
(20 to 40 people)
|Access to entire Healing Centered Learning Management System and Resources
|Personalized Certificate Upon Completion Signed by Dr. Ginwright
|Permanent Access to Private Facebook Group to Connect with other Healing Centered Practitioners
|3 Optional CEUs from San Francisco State University
|3 Live Facilitated Trainings
|Follow Up Leadership Advisory Meetings
|HCE Organizational Assessment
|HCE Organizational Implementation Plan
|Flourish Agenda Gift Box
|Additional Customized Live Sessions
|Access to Learning Management System
|Duration of Engagement
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Certified Practitioner status remains active for one year after the date of enrollment. In order to maintain active status after the one year period, participants must participate in our HCE Creative Labs membership.
Included with Purchase:
Access to all content, downloadable reading materials, resources and recordings housed in Flourish Agenda’s Learning Management System.
Access to private HCE centered learning community.
Personalized certificate of completion from Flourish Agenda, signed by Dr. Shawn Ginwright.
This course is self-paced and takes approximately 20-25 hours to complete. You do not have to complete it in one sitting.
Our eLearning courses are conveniently accessible on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices and requires an active internet connection!
Healing Centered Engagement Registration form: